New social media is a world that is ever-changing and frankly hard to keep up with up as a marketing director. But there are some simple guidelines that can keep a marketer inspired and in turn, keep the internet interested in you! Increasing online exposure is a two-way street. You must enjoy working at it and the internet must work hard for you too.
- Fact. Online internet searches are the norm.
- Fact. Not every Realtor is knowledgeable or free enough in their time to work actively on the online world so getting an edge is worth it.
- Fact. Google just changed their web index algorithms. “Google aims to return authoritative relevant results,” says Jesse Leimgruber, certified Google analyst and SEO pro at Rank Executives. “They now remove sites that are not authoritative, post duplicate content, and fail to add value to users. Their recent ‘Panda’ update was designed to improve search experience by demoting low-quality sites that lack useful and original content.”
- Original content! That is the key. It takes time, creativity, and motivation. Sharing articles is not the answer. Just as in college classes, plagiarism now gets no credit. Original content is key.
- Regularity. Goggle is searching frequently for new information sources, data, and rankings. Blogging, updating content, and adjusting regularly is now a must.
Hart Real Estate Solutions